The Good Ol' Days
When exactly were the good ol’ days? In this new episode of the Pessimists Archive podcast, we go back in time to find out – exploring every moment that people claimed was a golden age, and trying to understand why, as Trump’s victory has shown, nostalgia is such a powerful force.
• Harry L. Watson, Professor of History at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Dr. Walter Fleming, head of Native American Studies at Montana State University
• Sarah Ross, Associate Professor of History at Boston College
• Benjamin Hudson, Professor of History and Medieval Studies at PennState
• The Wanderer, tenth century poem
• Alex Dressler , Associate Professor of Classics at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
• Eckart Frahm, Professor of Assyriology at Yale University
• “American Life Is Too Fast”, the 1923 report in the New York Times
• “I Used to Be a Human Being”, Andrew Sullivan’s piece in New York Magazine
Old English - Bonus Audio
Be Notified of New Episodes